Position Overview :
This position involves designing and creating 2D Artwork and Graphics for the UI Interface as well as other 2D items on various mobile and console platforms.
Working with the Development team to design and implement focused, practical solutions within a realistic time frame.
Candidates would ideally have 3+ years experience in a similar role and have either a graphic or web design background and a strong eye for functionality and aesthetics.
- 2D Photoshop proficiency to create visual mockups of styling and layout
- 3D modelling experience allowing interfaces to utilise the additional depth and movement possible in common software packages (Maya preferred)
- 2D motion graphics experience to allow transitions, mockups to be visualised in advance of implementation ( Flash/After Effects preferred)
- Knowledge of at least one common 2D multimedia or interface package (eg.. Scaleform, Flash, MenuMaster preferred)
- Understanding of common typographical/layout/interaction design practices, methodology, and history
- An eye for detail and the desire to push the boundaries of common expectations
- Be able to create all levels of Art from palette controlled pixel sprites up to hi Res Assets.
Additionally, candidate must be able to present their ideas and concepts well, and would be able to hit the ground running using an internal set of tools based on their proven experience and proficiency in the area of user interface design.
Required Skills :
- Be creative, energetic, enthusiastic, and self motivated with a strong work ethic and a high level of initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt, re-prioritize and immediately solve problems according to the needs of a fast-moving working environment with excellent time management skills
- Good written and verbal communication.