QUANTIC DREAM collects and processes personal data in the scope of its activities for the purpose of promoting and marketing its products and services. These processing operations are carried out in compliance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, applicable since 25 May 2018 (hereinafter referred to as the "GDPR"), French law no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 and any other regulations in force
QUANTIC DREAM games and websites are not intended for children. QUANTIC DREAM does not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 16 years of age. If you are under 16, please do not send us any personal information about yourself. If we learn that we collected personal information from someone under 16 years of age, we will delete it as soon as possible.
If you are the holder of parental authority over a minor under the age of 16 and you believe that we inadvertently received personal information about him, please contact us, and we will delete the information from our systems as soon as possible.
QUANTIC DREAM collects and processes your personal information when you use its Services or when you interact with QUANTIC DREAM.
This can be done, in particular, in three ways: (1) you voluntarily provide us with information, for example by contacting us, (2) we automatically collect information when you use the Services, for example, via cookies or our games, and (3) third parties, such as game platforms, may provide us with information about you.
The following are examples of situations in which personal information is collected (non-exhaustive list):
- You use our Services;
- You contact QUANTIC DREAM for any reason or question, including technical support or customer service;
- You make an online purchase through our Services and create a customer account for this purpose;
- You request or agree to receive information and/or offers on our Services (e.g. newsletters or press packages for professional use);
- You participate in contests, sweepstakes, or a survey;
- You share content and/or information about our media and social networks;
We collect, use, share, store, or process your personal information only when we have the appropriate legal basis.
When collecting the data, you will be informed whether certain data is mandatory or optional. Data identified by an asterisk in the collection forms is mandatory. Otherwise, the processing of your request may be restricted.
Also known as browser cookies or tracking cookies, cookies are small, often encrypted text files located in browser directories. Web developers use them to help Users navigate their websites efficiently and perform certain functions.
Cookies are created when a User’s browser loads a particular website. The website sends information to the browser, which then creates a text file. Each time the User returns to the same website, the browser retrieves and sends this file to the website server. Computer cookies are created not only by the website on which the User navigates, but also by other websites that display ads, widgets or other elements of the page being loaded. These cookies govern the way ads are displayed or the operation of widgets and other elements of the page. They can also be installed when the User clicks on an advertising banner on third-party sites to count the number of activations, for example.
Cookies are not intended to include personal names or other directly identifiable information, rather they are generally used to quickly identify a User's device and to "remember" things about a User’s visit. We may set cookies for your web browser when you visit our website or use our Services. You can disable cookies or set your browser to notify you when cookies are sent to your computer, although this may affect your ability to shop online or access some features of our Services.
We may allow some of our partners to access certain cookies on your computer, the use of these cookies by these partners being subject to their own privacy policies, we invite you to read them very carefully.
You can find more information about cookies, including their management on different browsers on the CNIL website (http://www.cnil.fr/vos-droits/vos-traces/les-cookies/) and on the http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ website.
b. When using our games, we, or our service providers, may collect, store and process, among other things, the following information for user statistics purposes: data about your hardware and software configuration when installing a game and when changing your computer's hardware, IP address, device IDs, ingame data, including, but not limited to, your score, game statistics, performance, rankings, time played, and other usage statistics or similar information.
We may also collect, store, and use anonymous data about you.
c. Specific pieces of information, such as the IP address and User ID, may be collected by QUANTIC DREAM or its service providers for the purpose of authenticating software products, preventing fraud and piracy, or to help us identify and correct errors and bugs in our games.
We may ask you for various information to answer your questions when you contact us by email via the "Contact" page of our website or when you contact our Support Department or our Customer Service (eshop).
When you make an online purchase through our Services on our website, you will need to create a customer account and provide your contact details and payment card information necessary to complete the purchase. Transaction details are kept by our external service provider.
You will be able to manage your personal information from your customer account.
If you give your consent, we may send you commercial or promotional information and offers about our games and other services. You can unsubscribe at any time.
To participate in contests, sweepstakes, or surveys, you may be required to provide certain personal data such as your first name, last name, e-mail address, date of birth, address, and country of residence. This information will only be used for the purpose of participating in these events.
When you apply for a job or internship offer, the information collected is used to manage and process your application.
We may receive information about you from third parties such as social networks, game platforms, and third-party websites, etc. These third parties may, for example, offer to share some of your data with us including your email address to receive certain communications and offers related to our games or products. They may provide us with information to improve your gaming experience (gameplay) or for the purpose of preventing fraud and piracy. You authorize us to collect, store, and use the information you agreed to provide via the third-party in question.
QUANTIC DREAM collects and processes your personal data in this way:
a. Because they are necessary for the proper performance of a contract between us, this includes in particular:
- To allow you to use the Services, for example, under an end-user license agreement;
- To enable you to make purchases within the scope of our Services and to enable us to process, manage, and track your orders, as well as to manage customer service as part of a sales contract for an online purchase;
- To assist you with technical support.
- To improve Services and gaming experiences (game data analysis...)
- To offer contests and other commercial events;
- To prevent and detect irregular, fraudulent, or cheating behavior including payment fraud, etc., and to ensure compliance with our General Terms & Conditions and any other text you accept when using our Services;
- To measure the performance of our marketing campaigns.
In the event of fraud, cheating, or obvious abuse, we reserve the right to restrict or suspend your access to our Services. The IP address or other identifier may be used to identify you in this regard.
- To send you communications and promotional or commercial offers, newsletters, and press content, etc.
You may withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of your consent does not affect in any way the lawfulness of previous processing operations based on the said consent.
d. On the basis of compliance with our legal obligations, in particular to comply with our accounting and tax obligations or if the law requires us to keep certain data.
We take all necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security for your information by encrypting some of your personal data and limiting access to your data to people in our company and to subcontractors on a need to know basis. However, QUANTIC DREAM does not guarantee absolute security of your personal data.
QUANTIC DREAM also cannot guarantee that a third-party site, to which you had access via our Services and that can process your personal information on its own behalf, has implemented the same security practices.
We regularly check the effectiveness of our security measures and may temporarily suspend our Services if we suspect or detect a security breach.
We may share personal information that we collect within our group of companies.
When browsing the QUANTIC DREAM website, or when using the Services, external suppliers may collect your personal data on behalf of QUANTIC DREAM, and QUANTIC DREAM may share some of your personal data or information with these partners, subcontractors, or suppliers to enable the Services to operate. This may include processing your online purchase, product delivery, to fight against fraud and piracy, to correct bugs in our games, to propose surveys, send our newsletter, collect game data, or process your application for a job or internship offer. External providers must comply with all laws or regulations relating to the use of your personal data, including the GDPR.
We may also disclose your personal data to the competent authorities, at their request, in connection with legal proceedings, judicial investigations, and requests for information by the authorities, or to comply with other legal obligations.
Your personal information may be transferred, stored, and processed by companies in our group as well as affiliates, shareholders and subsidiaries, subcontractors and/or partners of QUANTIC DREAM, located in countries outside the European Union such as China or the United States.
Some recipients of personal data may be located in countries that are not considered to provide an adequate level of protection according to the European Commission. In this case, QUANTIC DREAM will take all necessary measures to ensure a sufficient level of protection of your personal information, either by regulating these transfers through the standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by ensuring that these transfers are made to companies with a “Privacy Shield” certification, or by using all appropriate guarantees referred to in Article 46 of the GDPR.
We store your personal data during the entire period of legal prescription. The archiving period starts from the end of the processing.
In accordance with applicable laws and regulations on the protection of personal data, you have a number of rights relating to your personal data, namely:
- A right of access and information: you have the right to be informed in a concise, transparent, intelligible, and easily accessible way about the way your data is processed. You also have the right to obtain (i) confirmation that the data concerning you is being processed and, if necessary, (ii) access to and obtain a copy of such data.
- A right of rectification: you have the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate data concerning you. You also have the right to correct incomplete data concerning you, by providing a supplementary declaration. In case of exercise of this right, we undertake to communicate any rectification to all recipients of your data.
- A right of deletion: in some cases, you have the right to obtain the deletion of your data. However, this is not an absolute right and we may retain this data for legal or legitimate reasons.
- A right to processing limitation: in some cases, you have the right to obtain processing limitation on your data.
- A right to data portability: you have the right to receive your data that you provided to us, in a structured format, commonly used and readable by a machine, for your personal use or to transmit such data to a third party of your choice. This right only applies when the processing of your data is based on your consent, on a contract, or when it is carried out by automated means.
- A right to object to processing: you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your data for processing based on our legitimate interest, a public interest mission, and for commercial prospecting purposes. This is not an absolute right and we may for legal or legitimate reasons refuse your request for opposition.
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time: you can withdraw your consent to the processing of your data if the processing is based on your consent. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent given before the withdrawal.
- The right to give instructions about the fate of your data after your death: you have the right to give us instructions about the use of your data after your death.
To exercise these rights, please send your request:
- By e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail to: Quantic Dream, 56 Boulevard Davout, 75020 Paris, France
Please attach a copy of your identity card or equivalent.
QUANTIC DREAM will respond to your request within one month of receiving your request.
In accordance with the GDPR, this period may be extended by two further months if necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests received by Quantic Dream.
In this case, we will inform you of the extension and the reason for it within one month of receiving your request.
QUANTIC DREAM has appointed VIRTUAL DPO as the outsourced Data Protection Officer (DPO). If you have any questions, you can go directly to our DPO's website www.virtual-dpo.fr or www.mondelegueauxdonnees.fr .
You can also address any complaints to the national supervisory authority in your country, such as the CNIL if you are a French resident.
Our website may contain hypertext links to other websites. As we have no control over these third-party websites, we cannot be held responsible for the confidentiality of data transmitted to websites that we do not publish.
QUANTIC DREAM is not responsible for the use of your personal data by these third parties. Please remember to check the privacy policies of any service provider to whom you transfer your personal data.
- By e-mail: email@example.com
- By mail: Quantic Dream, 56 Boulevard Davout, 75020 Paris, France
Last Update: December 2019